See you next year!
Ghirardelli Square celebrates Earth Day on Saturday, April 20 with Ghirardelli Goes Green, an annual, free event featuring live music, green-themed activities, and a visit from the “Bag Monster.” To mark the fifth annual celebration and in promotion of “living green,” the first 1,000 attendees will receive a complimentary tree sapling, donated by the California Forest Foundation. From 1 – 5 p.m., eco-friendly vendors will be present on the Square to share information with attendees on how to “green” their lives. Notable event details include:
- 1,000 tree saplings donated from the California Forest Foundation
- Segway obstacle course
- Meet the “Bag Monster” – Kids can meet the event’s plastic bag-clad educational mascot – “Bag Monster” costume courtesy of Chico Bags
- “G” goes Green – The “G” in Ghirardelli Square’s famous sign will be lit green with environmentally-friendly LED lamps
- Eye-opening presentations by local eco-friendly vendors sharing fun facts on how to live green
- Live music from local artists
Ghirardelli Square consistently strives towards greater sustainability, environmental conscientiousness and a reduced carbon footprint. The Square kicked off its recycling and compositing program with the first Ghirardelli Goes Green event in 2009, a green-minded tradition that continues each year. For more information regarding Ghirardelli Goes Green at Ghirardelli Square, visit www.GhirardelliSq.com or call 415.775.5500.
Are you a local green or eco friendly business that would like to showcase your merchandise or services? Please reach out to email@example.com for vendor information.
2013 Vendors & Sponsors
Carlos Michaud Promotions - Electric Tour Company
Naked Juice Company
Renewal by Anderson
California Forest Foundation
Coral Reef Alliance